- Welcoming Remarks and Workshop Objectives -
Christine Kaszycki, Chair, Orphaned/Abandoned Mines Advisory Committee; ADM, Manitoba Industry, Trade and Mines
- Overview of Legal and Institutional Barriers to Collaboration - Joseph Castrilli, Barrister and Solicitor
- Pennsylvania’s Environmental Good Samaritan Act and Related Initiatives - Scott Jones, Hydrogeologist with the Greensburg District Mining Office; Pennsylvania Dept of Environmental Protection.
For information please visit this web site.
A copy of the EGS Act can be found at this web site.
- The us Federal Abandoned Hardrock Mines Reclamation
Act of 2002 and Related Initiatives - Alan Septoff, Research and Information Systems Director, Mineral Policy Center, Washington D.C. For information please visit this web site.
- Abandoned Mines in the North - Richard Arseneault, Director, Office of Sustainable Development Studies: See http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/ for the 2002 Report of the Commissioner for the Environment and Sustainable Development (cf Chapter 3 on Abandoned Mines).
- The OMA/OMNDM Initiative: A Case Study in Addressing Legislative and Institutional Barriers to Collaboration on OAMs in Ontario -
John Martschuk, Director, Ontario Mining Association, and Director, Environment, Barrick Gold Corporation.
- Volunteer Cleanup of Abandoned Mines: Barriers and Liabilities - Joseph Castrilli
- Experiences from a Mining Sector Representive - Wayne Fraser from Hudson Bay Mining and Smelting Co., Limited.
- Experiences from Manitoba Government Representives, Manitoba Perspectives - Christine Kaszycki and Edwin Yee from the Manitoba govt.
- Experiences from an Ontario Ministry of the Environment representative - Ken Jull, a lawyer who has done extensive work on the Deloro site for ON MoE. Presentation not available.
Experiences from the North - Robert Lauer, Indian and Northern Affairs Canada.
Complete PDF of all PowerPoint Presentations